Lachine sentence example
- He was the third white man to descend, and the second to descend successfully, the Lachine Rapids.
- The St Lawrence system, for instance, generates many thousand horse-power at Sault Ste Marie, Niagara and the Lachine rapids.
- In the following year Cartier sailed up the river as far as the Lachine Rapids, to the spot where Montreal now stands.
- At the end of a year La Barre was replaced by the marquis de Denonville, a man of ability and courage, who, though he showed some vigour in marching against the western Iroquois tribes, angered rather than intimidated them, and the massacre of Lachine (5th of August 1689) must be regarded as one of the unhappy results of his administration.
- On the 6th of July he left Lachine at the head of a considerable force for the village of the Onondagas, where he arrived a month later.Advertisement
- On a stormy August night in 1689 150o Iroquois burst in on the village of Lachine near Montreal, butchered 200 of its people, and carried off more than loo to be tortured to death at their leisure.