Labyrinths sentence example
- Labyrinths were popular in the Middle Ages and designed to be walked as penitence for one's sins.
- Some of the older designs for labyrinths, however, avoid this close parallelism of the alleys, which, though equally involved and intricate in their windings, are carried through blocks of thick planting, as shown in fig.
- There are far too many good first person shooters around for me to justify wading through endless labyrinths.
- Inspired by Notre Dame in Paris, Grace Cathedral is the second largest Episcopal Church in the United States and features two stunning labyrinths that are open to the public.
- A short distance south of Maastricht are the great sandstone quarries of Pietersberg, which were worked from the time of the Romans to near the end of the 19th century; the result is one of the most extraordinary subterranean labyrinths in the world, estimated to cover an area 15 m.Advertisement
- Much more complicated are the processes in a large series of "fructifications," where the mycelium first develops a densely packed mass of hyphae, all alike, in which labyrinths of cavities subsequently form by separation of hyphae in the previously homogeneous mass, and the hymenium covers the walls of these cavities and passages as with a lining layer.
- 19, 91) mentions the following as the four famous labyrinths of antiquity.
- most accurate picture of these wonderful subterranean labyrinths.
- Abelard, Peter Lombard, Gilbert de la Porree and Peter of Poitiers he calls the " four labyrinths of France."
- Why are these young men and women prepared to risk serious injury or even death in order to explore these vast underground labyrinths?Advertisement
- British turf labyrinths A update on the eight surviving ancient turf ' mazes ' by Marilyn Clark.
- Cover illustration shows stone labyrinths on the island of St Martin's, Scilly.
- British turf labyrinths A update on the eight surviving ancient turf labyrinths A update on the eight surviving ancient turf ' mazes ' by Marilyn Clark.
- In 1992, Bungie released Minotaur: The Labyrinths of Crete.
- A., et al. "Hypotonia, congenital hearing loss, and hypoactive labyrinths."Advertisement