Laburnum sentence example
- It grows 5 to 6 feet high, and sometimes is grafted onto a tall stems of Laburnum.
- Elongated form(Raceme), Hyacinth, Laburnum,Currant.
- Of these the most remarkable example is Cytisus Adami, a tree which year after year produces some shoots, foliage and flowers like those of the common laburnum, others like those of the very different looking dwarf shrub C. purpureus, and others again intermediate between these.
- In Mr Waterers nursery at Knap Hill it has been trained up Laburnum trees.
- In his book on the fertilization of flowers, Hermann Muller distinguishes four types of papilionaceous flowers according to the way in which the pollen is applied to the bee: (I) Those in which the stamens and stigma return within the carina and thus admit of repeated visits, such are the clovers, Melilotus and laburnum.Advertisement
- However, trees in parks and gardens can also be colonized, including japonica, walnut, cotoneaster and laburnum in Herefordshire.
- Laburnum pilot was launched on Saturday 26 June during a Street party to celebrate the Centenary of Haggerston Baths on laburnum pilot was launched on Saturday 26 June during a Street party to celebrate the Centenary of Haggerston Baths on Laburnum Street.
- Still, as in the laburnum just mentioned, in the variegated jasmine and in Abutilon Darwinii, in the copper beech and in the horse-chestnut, the influence of a variegated scion has occasionally shown itself in the production from the stock of variegated shoots.
- The walnut and oak (evergreen, holly-leaved and kermes) descend to the secondary heights, where they become mixed with alder, ash, khinjak, Arbor-vitae, juniper, with species of Astragalus, &c. Here also are Indigoferae and dwarf laburnum.
- In some places, occupying the sides and hollows of ravines, are found the rose bay (Nerium Oleander), called in Persian khar-zarah, or ass-bane, the wild laburnum and various Indigoferae.Advertisement
- In the end, no doubt, the Laburnums will get the worst of it, but meanwhile the two flower together, and the pale blue-purple racemes of the Wistaria and the golden ones of the Laburnum make a fine contrast.
- It has evergreen foliage, and in early summer long dense clusters of large bright yellow flowers similar to those of the Laburnum, but larger.
- New Zealand Laburnum (Sophora) - S. tetraptera is a large tree in its own country, and makes a charming wall-plant here.
- The peculiar short, stunted branches or " spurs " which bear the flower-buds of the pear, apple, plum, sweet cherry, red currant, laburnum, &c., deserve special attention.
- Nepaul Laburnum (Piptanthus) - P. nepalensis is a Pea-flowered shrub, with large deep green leaves like those of the Laburnum.Advertisement
- Dalmatian Laburnum (Petteria Ramentacea) - A deciduous tree-like shrub allied to Laburnum and Cytisus.
- We may hence infer that C. purpureus was grafted or budded on the common laburnum, and that the intermediate forms are the result of graft-hybridization.