Labarum sentence example
- 31) describes the first labarum as consisting of a.
- Under Jovian, Christianity was established as the state religion, and the Labarum of Constantine again became the standard of the army.
- The cross of the early Christian emperors was a labarum or token of victory in war, a standard for use in battle.
- The derivation of the word labarum is disputed; it appears to be connected with the Basque labarva, signifying standard.
- LABARUM, the sacred military standard of the early Christian Roman emperors, first adopted by Constantine the Great after his miraculous vision in 312, although, according to Gibbon, he did not exhibit it to the army till 323.Advertisement