Laban sentence example
- According to the Kachin Hill Tribes Regulation of 1895, administrative responsibility is accepted by the British government on the left bank of the Irrawaddy for the country south of the Nmaikha, and on the right bank for the country south of a line drawn from the confluence of the Malikha and Nmaikha through the northern limit of the Laban district and including the jade mines.
- Laban is one of the worlds leading conservatoires for contemporary dance artist training.
- Transitions Dance Company is based at Laban, the leading conservatoire for dance artist training in Europe.
- Laban is one of the world's leading dance conservatoires.
- Subsequently Laban employed Jacob as his chief herdsman, but failed to pay him fairly.Advertisement
- Showing all 2 results for evil pen pal Laban carrick hill.
- The first biblical mention of "Mount Gilead" occurs in connexion with the reconcilement of Jacob and Laban (Genesis xxxi.).
- But this error in an astrological detail would not warrant us in assigning to the poet the blunder about Jacob and Laban in the same tale (see above).
- At the turn of the century, Isadora Duncan, Ruth St. Denis, and Loie Fuller began to hone the craft in the states, while Rudolf von Laban and Mary Wigman followed suit in Germany.
- There is not nearly as extensive documentation regarding the choreography of Germany's modern greats such as Rudolf von Laban.Advertisement
- When von Laban was exiled during the war, he founded a second school in England, where he worked until his death.
- Modern dancers and professional choreographers have used a system created by Rudolf Laban, a choreographer whose movement analysis developed into a system called Labanotation.
- The patriarch's increasing wealth caused him to incur the jealousy of his father-in-law, Laban, and he was forced to flee in secret with his family.
- Evidence of the antiquity of the belief in "maternal impressions" we have in Jacob placing peeled rods before Laban's cattle to induce them to bring forth "ring-straked speckled and spotted" offspring; evidence of the antiquity of the "infection" doctrine we have, according to some writers, in the practice amongst the Israelites of requiring the childless widow to marry her deceased husband's brother, that he might "raise up seed to his brother."
- Here he resides fifteen years or more, and by the daughters of Laban and their handmaidens becomes the "father" of the tribes of Israel.Advertisement
- Yet Jacob's life with Laban has many purely individual traits.