Laaland sentence example
- At three o'clock in the afternoon, Dahlberg leading the way, the army reached Grimsted in Laaland without losing a man.
- In 1347 the remainder of Zealand was redeemed, and the southern isles, Laaland, Falster and Mon, also fell into the king's strenuous hands.
- From NykjObing a bridge nearly one-third of a mile long crosses to Laaland, at the west of which is the port of Nakskov; the other towns are the county town of Maribo with its fine church of the 14th century, SaxkjObing and ROdby.
- There are seven dioceses, Fiinen, Laaland and Falster, Aarhus, Aalborg, Viborg and Ribe, while the primate is the bishop of Zealand, and resides at Copenhagen, but his cathedral is at Roskilde.
- The real physical boundary between the North Sea and the Baltic is formed by the plateau on which the islands Zealand, Fiinen and Laaland are situated, and its prolongation from the islands Falster and Moen to the coasts of Mecklenburg and Riigen.Advertisement
- After some hesitation, he accepted the advice of his chief engineer officer Eric Dahlberg, who acted as pioneer throughout and chose the more circuitous route from Svendborg, by the islands of Langeland, Laaland and Falster, in preference to the direct route from Nyborg to KorsOr, which would have been across a broad, almost uninterrupted expanse of ice.
- But the Swedish fleet escaped, and the annihilation of the Danish fleet by the combined navies of Sweden and Holland, after an obstinate fight between Fehmarn and Laaland at the end of September, exhausted the military resources of Denmark and compelled Christian to accept the mediation of France and the United Provinces; and peace was finally signed at BrOmsebro on the 8th of February 1645.