Laager sentence example
- The plateau at its foot was the site of the English laager during the war of 1880-81, and is now occupied by the central railway station and workshops.
- On " Dingaan's day " the Boer force received the attack of the Zulu while in laager; the enemy charged in dense masses, being met both by cannon shot and rifle fire, and were presently attacked in the rear by mounted Boers.
- They're turning back from the front and hurrying up their rear so as to form laager round their big guns.
- From these wagons Zizka created a method of rapidly deploying a defensive wagon laager, in essence a mobile fort.
- laager mentality.Advertisement
- Six hundred Bohemian handgunners defended the tabor laager at the battle of Varna in 1444 AD.
- tabor laager at the battle of Varna in 1444 AD.
- Rawlinson captured a laager and guns at Klerksdorp, and, though neither De Wet nor De la Rey had been brought to book, matters had so far improved in May that municipal government was given to Johannesburg, and a certain number of mines were allowed to recommence working.