Kneels sentence example
- The bishop kneels before the king, places his hands between his, and recites an oath of temporal allegiance; he then kisses hands.
- On the central stone, which is a perfect circle, the emperor kneels.
- In the third he stands almost upright; in the first he kneels; in the second he stoops, halfway between the upright and the kneeling position.
- In our days when a knight is personally made he kneels before the sovereign, who lays a sword drawn, ordinarily the sword of state, on either of his shoulders and says, " Rise," calling him by his Christian name with the addition of " Sir " before it.
- On the north side, embowered in palm trees, is a great statue of Columbus, at whose feet kneels the figure of America.Advertisement
- The son or adopted son of the deceased kneels before the highpriest, and promises due performance of all the religious duties and obsequies to the dead.
- On the lintel, Meryra kneels to adore the cartouches of the Aten, King and Queen (now defaced ).
- The truly wise person kneels at the feet of all creatures and is not afraid to endure the mockery of others.
- Charles kneels and prays to a God he hardly believes in that Julia will be vouchsafed a sign.
- To perform the Heimlich maneuver on a conscious child, the rescuer stands or kneels behind the child, who may be seated or standing.Advertisement