Knee-jerk sentence example
- The earliest-studied of these, the "knee-jerk," may serve as example of the class.
- But the response from the alternative crowd wasn't a knee-jerk reaction.
- But the response from the alternative crowd was n't a knee-jerk reaction.
- The muscles become less tense than in their waking state: their tonus is diminished, the upper eyelid falls, and the knee-jerk is in abeyance.
- Later the affected muscles become exquisitely tender, and then atrophy, while the knee-jerk or other reflex is lost.Advertisement
- There is a gradual diminution with age in the power of some spinal reflexes, for example the knee-jerk reflex.
- But there's a danger that once again the reaction will be a knee-jerk pessimism.
- An example is the ' knee-jerk ' reflex, which involves a sudden twitch of a limb muscle caused by tapping the tendon.
- If you can, ask other merchants whether when you call with a problem, they get the dreaded, "Sorry, it must be your hardware" knee jerk response.
- Before you run out to the closest retail outlet and make a knee-jerk decision as to which phone you'll be using for the next 36 months or more, it really pays off to spend some time reading some cell phone reviews in Canada.Advertisement
- The familiar knee-jerk reflex is an example; this reflex tests the integrity of the spinal cord in the lower back region.
- But the business plan can help you control knee-jerk reactions to changing market conditions and bumps in the road.