Knee breeches sentence example
- The dress of the women is less distinctive than that of the men, who wear a picturesque black and white costume, with knee-breeches, a brilliantly coloured sash, black hempen sandals, and a handkerchief wound round the head.
- The popular name of the Blue-coat school is derived from the dress of the boys - originally (almost from the time of the foundation) a blue gown, with knee-breeches, yellow petticoat and stockings, neckbands and a blue cap. The petticoat and cap were given up in the middle of the 19th century, and thereafter no head-covering was worn.
- He was a delicate, frail-looking little fellow, dressed in a black velvet suit with knee breeches.
- He was dressed in a dark-green dress coat, knee breeches of the color of cuisse de nymphe effrayee, as he called it, shoes, and silk stockings.
- Breeches: Very familiar to colonial Englishman the knee breeches were often worn by the refined pirate captain.Advertisement