Knapweed sentence example
- The reserve also boasts probably the largest numbers of the parasitic knapweed broomrape anywhere in the county.
- Both sites had new species including water chickweed, common toadflax, snapdragon, common hemp nettle, dwarf mallow and greater knapweed.
- Look out for wild carrot, white clover, weld, ragwort, thistle and black knapweed.
- The flowerheads of greater knapweed have long rays which are lacking in common knapweed.
- Dave Burch, the state's weed coordinator, estimated spotted knapweed costs the state's economy $ 42 million a year.Advertisement
- Design a summer meadow with some spring plants but include marjoram, knapweed and scabious.
- Species within the meadows include Yorkshire fog, great burnet, Lady's bedstraw, common knapweed, meadow vetchling and pepper saxifrage.
- When last surveyed in 1999 cowslips, pepper saxifrage, meadowsweet, common knapweed and greater burnet saxifrage were present.
- Other late flowers noticed were Thyme-leaved speedwell, Knapweed or Hardheads, and the Field rose mentioned earlier.