Knapsacks sentence example
- At seven in the morning a French convoy in marching trim, wearing shakos and carrying muskets, knapsacks, and enormous sacks, stood in front of the sheds, and animated French talk mingled with curses sounded all along the lines.
- On all sides soldiers were running to and fro, throwing up their knapsacks with a jerk of their shoulders and pulling the straps over their heads, unstrapping their overcoats and drawing the sleeves on with upraised arms.
- They had come by easy stages, their knapsacks conveyed on carts, and the Austrian authorities had provided excellent dinners for the officers at every halting place.
- The corporal and soldiers were in marching kit with knapsacks and shakos that had metal straps, and these changed their familiar faces.
- The people dragged themselves along, some carrying knapsacks or kit-bags, others pushing prams or handcarts, exchanging their goods for food.Advertisement
- We all had personal knapsacks packed ready, a gallon of gasoline and access to a small van that was rarely used.
- Children can be rough on knapsacks or book bags, especially given these items are used on a daily basis.
- The order was given to halt and down knapsacks.
- As Alpatych was driving out of the gate he saw some ten soldiers in Ferapontov's open shop, talking loudly and filling their bags and knapsacks with flour and sunflower seeds.