Kloofs sentence example
- A few kloofs are wooded, but of forest land there is none.
- A grass belt separates the thorn bush from the districts carrying heavy timber, found mainly in the upland zone, along the sides of the mountains exposed to the rains and in kloofs.
- Hippopotami are still found in the Umgeni river and crocodiles in several of the coast streams. Leopards and panthers are found in thickly wooded kloofs.
- Baboons (Cynocephalus porcarius) and monkeys of different kinds frequent the mountains and rocky kloofs and bush and timber lands.
- The forest patches are confined to the deep kloofs of the mountains, to the valleys of the larger rivers and to the seaslopes of the Drakensberg and other ranges, where they flourish in.Advertisement
- Forest patches are found in the kloofs and seaward sides of the mountains; willows often border the watercourses; heaths and bulbous plants are common in some areas.
- Their general direction is always that of the coast, and they are cut across by rugged gorges or kloofs, through which the mountain streams make their way towards the sea.
- Along the coastal margins they underlie the newer formations and appear in the deep valleys and kloofs wherever denudation has laid them bare.
- The mountains, with their lonely crags, volcanic cones and deep kloofs unfolded before our eyes one by one.
- Hippopotami are still found in the Umgeni river and crocodiles in several of the coast streams. 'Leopards and panthers are found in thickly wooded kloofs.Advertisement