Kish sentence example
- Some choice ware of the latter type was manufactured by him in Kish, by order of the feudal chief of that province.
- From the inscriptions found at Tello, it appears that Lagash was a city of great importance in the Sumerian period, some time probably in the 4th millennium B.C. It was at that time ruled by independent kings, Ur-Nina and his successors, who were engaged in contests with the Elamites on the east and the kings of Kengi and Kish on the north.
- It is true that the prophets absorbed the old seers, and that the Israelites, as we see in the case of the asses of Kish, went to their seers on the same kind of occasions as sent heathen nations to seers or diviners.
- It may be that some of the early north Babylonian kingdoms, such as Kish, extended control thither.
- He took up his abode in the Transoxianian province of Kish and Nakhshab, where he gathered around him a great number of adherents.Advertisement
- After some successes, the pretender was ultimately cornered at the castle of Sanam near Kish, and took poison together with all the members of his family.
- The islands situated close to the northern shore of the Persian Gulf are Persian territory; they are, from east to west, Hormuz (Ormus), Larak, Kishm, Hengam, Furur, Kish (Kais), Hindarabi, Shaikh-Shuaib, Jebnin, Kharak, Kharaku (Khorgu).
- Fancy a descendant of Kish called Marduk, and an "Agagite " called Hamman!
- Kyle and Oliver on One Life to Live are also known as Kish by the fans of Kyle Lewis (Brett Claywell) and Oliver Fish (Scott Evans).
- The Kish story line garnered national attention when recurring One Life to Live actress Patricia Mauceri (Carlotta Vega) reportedly lost her job because she voiced religious objections to her character's involvement with the couple.Advertisement
- In April 2010, ABC announced that One Life to Live was abandoning the Kish story line, blaming the couple for a decline in ratings.
- Kish fans who want to connect with others should visit the couple's Facebook Fan Page.