Kinross sentence example
- In 1902 he became assistant secretary of the Fife and Kinross Miners' Association, and in 1908 its general secretary.
- Besides having a station on the main line to Dundee, it is also connected with Perth and Kinross and is a railway junction of some importance and possesses a locomotive depot.
- The breakdown of the watershed between the Firths of Clyde and Forth exposes southern Perthshire, the counties of Clackmannan and Kinross, and nearly the whole of Fife to the clouds and rains of the west, and their climates are consequently wetter than those of any others of the eastern slopes of the country.
- For parliamentary purposes some counties have been united, as Clackmannan and Kinross, Elgin and Nairn, Orkney and Shetland, and Peebles and Selkirk, and others divided, as Aberdeen, Ayr, Lanark, Perth and Renfrew, while others retain in certain respects their old subdivision, Lanarkshire for assessment purposes being still partitioned into the upper, middle and lower wards.
- Millar's Fife: Pictorial and Historical (2 vols., 18 95); and Sheriff fEneas Mackay's History of Fife and Kinross (1896).Advertisement
- Among the chief buildings are the town hall, county buildings, corn exchange, Fife and Kinross asylum, Duncan Institute, Adamson Institute (a holiday home for poor children from Leith), cottage hospital, Union Street Hall and the Bell-Baxter school.
- James V., and a numerous retinue of followers pass through Kinross on their way to Perth.
- The steeple standing by the Town House finds itself in its rather odd position owning to the 18th century steeple committees of Kinross.
- May 1935 Katherine Marjory Stewart Murray, Duchess of Atholl DBE (MP for Kinross & West Perthshire) has the unionist whip removed.
- May 1935 Katherine Marjory Stewart Murray, Duchess of Atholl DBE (MP for Kinross & West Perthshire) has the Unionist whip removed.Advertisement