Kingston-upon-hull sentence example
- Its full name, not in general use, is Kingston-upon-Hull.
- Shortly afterwards Edward I., seeing its value as a port, obtained the town from the monks in exchange for other lands in Lincolnshire and changed its name to Kingston-upon-Hull.
- He sent commissioners, in 1303 to inquire how and where the roads to the "new town of Kingston-upon-Hull" could best be made, and in 1321 Edward II.
- The charter also granted that the above places with the town itself should become the county of the town of Kingston-upon-Hull.
- He served his first curacy at St Nicholas, Kingston upon Hull in the Diocese of York.Advertisement
- Pages about related topics Some photos I took of a World War II bombing decoy near Kingston upon Hull.