Kingmaker sentence example
- It was taken with Henry and handed to the Yorkist, George Neville, bishop of Exeter, brother of the kingmaker, earl of Warwick, in London on 25th July following.
- GEORGE NEVILLE (c. 1432-1476), archbishop of York and chancellor of England, was the youngest son of Richard Neville, earl of Salisbury, and brother of Richard Neville, earl of Warwick, known as the "Kingmaker."
- His queen, Anne Neville, the daughter of the kingmaker, was on her death-bed.
- granted it to Ralph Neville, first earl of Westmorland; it then passed to Warwick the kingmaker and on his death to the crown.
- On the death of Anne, his only child, in 1449, his vast inheritance passed to Anne, his sister of the whole blood, wife of Richard Neville, earl of Salisbury ("the Kingmaker"), who thereupon became earl of Warwick.Advertisement
- King Edward IV.'s two surviving sons, Edward and Richard (the princes in the Tower), had been mysteriously put to death in 1483, so that the only male descendant of the house of York, and indeed of the whole Plantagenet race, was the duke of Clarence's son Edward, earl of Warwick (grandson of " the Kingmaker "), who was imprisoned by Richard III.