King-of-kings sentence example
- The main point of the treaty, however, lay in clause 17: His Majesty the king of kings of Ethiopia consents to make use of the government of His Majesty the king of Italy for the treatment of all questions concerning other powers and governments.
- Thus Paonano Pao Kanhpki Kopano is to be read as something like Shdhandn Shdh Kanishki Koshan: Kanishka the Kushan, king of kings.
- It was part of their higher allegiance to the King of kings.
- Thus their sovereign styles himself the king of kings and the king of the lands that is to say, of the whole civilized world.
- Arsacids now began to assume the old title king of kings (the s/iahanshah of modern Persia),though previously their coins, as a rule, had borne only the legend great king.Advertisement
- This tact is the clearest symptom of the inner weakness of Character of their empire and of the small power wielded by the the Parthian king of kings.
- The Arsacids assume the title king of kings and derive their line from Artaxerxes II.
- That he took his position of king of kings seriously would seem to be proved by the fact that when his brother Garcia attacked him in 1054, and was defeated and slain at Atapucrca, he did not annex Navarre, but left his nephew, Garcias son, on the throne as vassal.
- We represent the King of kings and Lord of lords and must declare His message with utter sincerity and appropriate authority.
- In 1961 the movie King of Kings featured Brigid Bazien, and her dance was considered one of the finest performances of her career.Advertisement