Kinematical sentence example
- For applications of the hodograph to the solution of kinematical problems see Mechanics.
- So far these theorems on vortex motion are kinematical; but introducing the equations of motion of § 22, Du + dQ =o, Dv+dQ =o, Dw + dQ dt dx dt dy dt dz and taking dx, dy, dz in the direction of u, v, w, and dx: dy: dz=u: v: w, (udx + vdy + wdz) = Du dx +u 1+..
- The circulation being always zero round a small plane curve passing through the axis of spin in vortical motion, it follows conversely that a vortex filament is composed always of the same fluid particles; and since the circulation round a cross-section of a vortex filament is constant, not changing with the time, it follows from the previous kinematical theorem that aw is constant for all time, and the same for every cross-section of the vortex filament.
- The determination of the O's and x's is a kinematical problem, solved as yet only for a few cases, such as those discussed above.
- The argument may be shortly put as follows: As the Nature which is the object of mechanics and all natural sciences is not natural substances, but phenomena and ideas; as mass is not substance, and force is not cause; as activity is not in the physical but in the psychical world; as the laws of Nature are not facts but teleological conceptions, and Nature is teleological, as well as not mechanical but kinematical; as the category of causality is to be referred to " conation "; as, in short, " mind is active and matter inert," what then?Advertisement
- The step he took is really nothing more than the kinematical principle of the composition of linear velocities, but expressed in terms of the algebraic imaginary.
- This is sometimes discussed as a separate theory but for our present purposes it is more convenient to introduc kinematical motions as they are required.
- The preceding theorems are purely kinematical.
- We have also the kinematical relation x=a.
- Obviously the number of such geometrical or kinematical definitions is infinite.Advertisement