Kinases sentence example
- Other kinases at the cytosolic surface of the plasma membrane then catalyze phosphorylation of Protein Kinase B, activating it.
- Its amino acid sequence shows much greater homology to consensus sequences derived from protein serine/threonine kinases than to the consensus for protein tyrosine kinases.
- The gene family encoding protein kinases is the most commonly mutated in human cancer.
- These have been shown to interact with and inhibit tyrosine kinases.
- We have recently identified a number of putative regulatory genes, including cyclin-dependent kinases of Toxoplasma.Advertisement
- The motif is only observed in the Polo-like kinases.
- Six members of the p21-activated kinase (PAK) family of protein kinases have been identified to date.
- Some of these proteins belong to a group called the tyrosine kinases.
- The GTPases Rac and Cdc42 promote outgrowth of neurites while Rho promotes their retraction, by switching on the kinases PAK and ROK respectively.
- Similar to protein kinases also lipid kinase activity is reversed by lipid phosphatases.Advertisement
- In both instances the residues of the protein kinases that are dephosphorylated are situated within the activation segment of the kinase.
- Both receptor and non-receptor tyrosine kinases play pivotal roles in these signaling pathways.
- Lastly, we show that signaling pathways controlled by Src-family kinases are modulated in replicon cells.
- Recognition of foreign antigens at the TCR leads to tyrosine phosphorylation of the ITAM motifs of the -chain by Src family kinases.