Kilometer sentence example
- The Squaw Valley Resort has an 18 kilometer cross-country ski area.
- The development site is situated within a new 12 kilometer touristic zone.
- The organization funds research projects about women's health and fitness, holds an annual research conference and sponsors an annual five kilometer race.
- For Terrestrial Planet Finder, five spacecraft, flying in formation about one kilometer apart, will function as an optical interferometer.
- Every year, each square kilometer of hot desert receives solar energy equivalent to 1.5 million barrels of oil.Advertisement
- In the 1939 eruption, lava of about 0.1 cubic kilometer flowed out.
- It is scattered along a 5 kilometer stretch of the A449 between Crossway Green and Ombersley.
- The project has acquired the appellation, the Square Kilometer Array.
- Depending on the distance, the trip costs 90 centavos for the first five kilometers, then 25 centavos for every further kilometer.
- Approximately 175 kms away from Muscat Nizwa is renowned for its gold and silver handicrafts and its eight kilometer long palm oasis.Advertisement
- Before I'd walked more than a kilometer I came across fresh scat on the trail.
- Before I 'd walked more than a kilometer I came across fresh scat on the trail.
- To put it another way, this is the same angle subtended by an object 3mm high when seen from a kilometer away !
- It was the first European satellite to carry a radar altimeter and was launched into an 800 kilometer altitude and 98.5 degree inclination orbit.
- Summary: The scheme will provide a guaranteed eastbound overtaking opportunity over a length of 1 kilometer Detail: What's involved?Advertisement
- It is a proposed 33 kilometer long superconducting particle accelerator with built-in X-ray lasers planned to begin operating in 2012.
- Each area in a 1: 50 000 map is subdivided into one kilometer squares.
- The MODIS sensor is able to image precipitable water vapor with an unprecedented resolution of 1 kilometer.