Kilauea sentence example
- It is home to Volcanoes National Park, which includes Kilauea, one of the world's most active volcanoes as well as Mauna Loa, the world's largest.
- It includes Kilauea, one of the most active volcanoes in the world as well as Mauna Loa and Mauna Ulu.
- Visitors can view exhibits about the volcanoes at the Kilauea visitors' Center and the Jagger Museum.
- Intrepid travelers can stay the night at Volcano House, located along the rim of Kilauea.
- Hawaii contains the celebrated active crater of Kilauea.Advertisement
- above the adjoining plain on the W.) is Kilauea, from whose lava-flows the island has been extended to form its S.E.
- Mauna Loa and Kilauea are still active.
- Cinder cones are the predominant type of craters on both Mauna Kea and the Kohala Mountains, and they are also numerous on the upper slopes of Mauna Hualalai; but the more typically Hawaiian pit or engulfment craters also abound on Mauna Hualalai and Mokuaweoweo, crowning the summit of Mauna Loa, as well as Kilauea, to the S.E.
- Kilauea is the largest active crater in the world (8 m.
- According to an account of the natives, a violent eruption of Kilauea occurred in 1789, or about that time, and deposits of volcanic sand, large stones, sponge-like scoria (pumice) and ashes for miles around are evidence of such an eruption.Advertisement
- Pele in idolatrous times was the dreaded goddess of Kilauea.
- of Kilauea are small channels with steam cracks, along which appears the only vegetation of the region.
- dike intrusion at Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii.
- Kilauea, at the center, is the ' drive-in volcano ', with everyone flocking to see the latest spectacular eruption.