Khartoum sentence example
- I am not now dealing with General Gordon's character, which was in many respects noble, or with his military defence of Khartoum, which was heroic, but with the political conduct of his mission, and from this point of view I have no hesitation in saying that General Gordon cannot be considered to have tried to do his duty unless a very strained and mistaken view be taken of what his duty was..
- The dispute culminated in the assassination of General Gordon at Khartoum.
- In the capital, Khartoum, the Foreign Minister of Sudan's hardline Islamist government has welcomed the news.
- Impunity In the early days of the Darfur crisis the Khartoum government armed Arab militia to fight the rebels.
- War was declared on 4th August and Lord Kitchener of Khartoum appealed for 200,000 army recruits during August.Advertisement
- Chinese Gordon became more famous as a martyred warrior saint by his death at Khartoum.
- Of course you have read about the "Gordon Memorial College," which the English people are to erect at Khartoum.