Keystones sentence example
- List of authentic works of Jean Goujon: Two marble columns supporting the organ of the church of St Maclou (Rouen) on right and left of porch on entering; left-hand gate of the church of St Maclou; bas-reliefs for decoration of screen of St Germain l'Auxerrois (now in Louvre); "Victory" over chimney-piece of Salle des Gardes at Ecouen; altar at Chantilly; illustrations for Jean Martin's translation of Vitruvius; bas-reliefs and sculptural decoration of Fontaine des Innocents; bas-reliefs adorning entrance of Hotel Carnavalet, also series of satyrs' heads on keystones of arcade of courtyard; fountain of Diana from Anet (now in Louvre); internal decoration of chapel at Anet; portico of Anet (now in courtyard of Ecole des Beaux Arts); bust of Diane de Poictiers (now at Versailles); Tribune of Caryatides in the Louvre; decoration of "Escalier Henri II.," Louvre; eeils de beeuf and decoration of Henri II.
- In each gable a 2 light casement the curving lintel ornamented with a surround of projecting brick keystones.
- They form keystones in the arched windows in the court front of Fraser, Sons & Co. 's place in Buchanan Street.
- Three gateway ranges, gables facing, with stone dressings to pilasters and stone arches with carved keystones.
- The end pavilions are the most prominent part of the composition, with giant arched openings with stone surrounds and keystones.Advertisement