Ketoacidosis sentence example
- diabetic ketoacidosis there may be a deficit to the equivalent of five or more liters of normal saline.
- Ketoacidosis If you are producing ketones and are not treated with insulin, you will develop a serious condition called ketoacidosis.
- oedemahad no experience of cerebral edema associated with diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Suffering from diabetes since she was a child, many stated that Johnson did not properly care for herself and it was believed that her death was a result of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Children and adolescents sometimes develop a condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) at the time of their diagnosis.Advertisement
- Patients with ketoacidosis will also have a fruity or sweet breath odor.
- Symptoms of ketoacidosis include excessive thirst and urination, abdominal pain, vomiting, rapid breathing, extreme tiredness, and drowsiness.
- Hyperglycemia, also known as diabetic ketoacidosis, is a condition that develops over a period of a few days as the blood glucose levels of a type 1 or type 2 diabetic gradually rise.
- The first signs of hyperglycemia or ketoacidosis are frequent urination and increased thirst.
- If elevated glucose levels are present, the doctor will want to determine if ketoacidosis is also present by measuring levels of ketones in the blood serum and urine.Advertisement
- Ketones are a by-product of fat metabolism, and the state of ketosis should not be confused with ketoacidosis, which is a life-threatening condition that may be developed by diabetics who are burning fat too quickly.
- To make things clear, it's important to understand that there is a difference between ketosis and Ketoacidosis.
- Ketoacidosis is dangerous for diabetics but it is not ketosis.
- The main element in Ketoacidosis is acid, not ketones.
- According to some physicians, drastically reducing carbs on a daily basis can cause the body to experience ketoacidosis.Advertisement
- According to Diabetes.org, ketoacidosis occurs when too much ketone bodies are produced, causing low levels of insulin.
- This is often attributed to the fact that ketosis is mistaken for ketoacidosis, a condition found in Type I Diabetics whose blood sugar is out of control.
- However, if you are diabetic or have made drastic changes in your diet, these signs can sometimes indicate a potentially life-threatening condition called ketoacidosis.