Kern sentence example
- 233, where they are mentioned together with a great many Seleucid towns in Susiana and Babylonia, and compare Kern, No.
- Kern, Die Yogatara des Varamihira; Weber's Ind.
- The Sierra proper, from Lassen's Peak to Tehachapi Pass in Kern county, is about 430 m.
- Tulare lake, which with Buena Vista lake and Kern lake receives the drainage of the southern Sierra, shows extreme local variations of shore-line, and is generally believed to have shrunk extremely since 1850, though of this no adequate proof yet exists.
- The Mohave desert - embracing Kern, Los Angeles and San Bernardino - as also a large part of San Diego, Imperial and Riverside counties, belong to the " Great Basin," while a narrow strip along the Colorado river is in the " Open Basin Region."Advertisement
- The Kern river field is the most important in the state and one of the greatest in the world.
- Such were the Kern River fever of 1855 and the greater " Fraser River rush " of 1858, the latter, which took perhaps 20,000 men out of the state, causing a terrible amount of suffering.
- Foucaux, and the Saddharma Pundarika, translated into English by Professor Kern.
- Gold is found in the districts of Kola, naphtha and salt in those of Kern and Pinega, and lignite in Mezen.
- The very first soundtrack was Till The Cloud Roll By, which featured music from the film of the same name - a biopic of the life of Jermone Kern, the man behind the musical Showboat.Advertisement