Keloids sentence example
- To minimize the chance of keloids, avoid piercings or tattoos and get a dermatologist's advice about caring for any wounds.
- Even these treatments are not 100 percent effective when getting rid of keloids.
- Piercing with a gun stud instead of a piercing needle adds pressure and trauma to the piercing site; this can cause heavy scarring and keloids which are scars that can only be removed surgically.
- Black skin also has a tendency to form keloids, which are raised, rubbery or shiny scars that appear where skin was injured.
- Hypertrophic scars are also known as keloids.Advertisement
- Hypertrophic scars are usually limited in size to the area of the originating pimple, while keloids may grow beyond the site.
- People with darker complexions are at greater risk of developing keloids, which are excess scar tissue that forms as the result of some type of skin injury.
- Acne scars, chickenpox and ear piercings can all result in keloids.