Kells sentence example
- There are some remains of the ecclesiastic establishments at Bonamargy, where the earls of Antrim are buried, Kells, Glenarm, Glynn, Muckamore and White Abbey.
- There is a notable collection of early Irish manuscripts, including the magnificently ornamented Book of Kells, containing the gospels.
- The highest summit in the south of Scotland - Merrick (2764 ft.) - consists of Silurian strata much altered by proximity to the granite, while the rest of the more prominent heights (all in Kirkcudbrightshire) - Rinns of Kells (2668 ft.), Cairnsmuir of Carsphairn (2612), and Cairnsmore of Fleet (2331) - are formed of granite.
- Thus there were coarbs of Columba at Iona, Kells, Derry, burrow and other places.
- At the synod of Kells (1152) there was established that diocesan system which has ever since continued without material alteration.Advertisement
- The work of education was partially done by the great abbeys, boys of good family being brought up by the Cistercians of Dublin and Jerpoint, and by the Augustinians of Dublin, Kells and Connel, and girls by the canonesses of Gracedieu.
- This book is called Illuminated Manuscripts: The Book of Kells.
- Crosses with knot patterns, churches with intricate knots woven into architecture and sacred holy books, such as the Book of Kells, provide insight into how early Christians expressed their faith artistically.
- The first known use of this triangle-shaped knot is on runestones and early Germanic coins, but this type of knot was really immortalized in the Book of Kells, an ornately illustrated religious text from about 800 AD.
- Archaeological digs have uncovered Celtic artistic expressions and the famous Christian Book of Kells displays beautiful Celtic symbols.Advertisement
- Many popular designs are based on the knots from the Book of Kells.
- Many trinity knot designs are featured in the Book of Kells.
- Modern Celtic tattoos often rely heavily on depictions from the Irish Book of Kells in order to maintain an authentic appearance and impart desired elements of religious symbolism.
- Even though they receive the bulk of divine inspiration from the Book of Kells, people with an interest in the design usually find a way to make the knots original in style and unique to their own lives or belief systems.
- Kells opens early on the weekends so you can enjoy all your favorite sports, and great food is always available from the pub menu.Advertisement