Kegs sentence example
- One buffet table sagged beneath the weight of five kegs while another held food wrapped in cellophane and tinfoil.
- The skull of the governor was afterwards used at Kumasi as a royal drinking-cup. It was asserted that Sir Charles lost the battle through his ordnance-keeper bringing up kegs filled with vermicelli instead of ammunition.
- Kegs are the most economical way to purchase large quantities of beer, but remember you'll also need cups for people to drink from.
- On one occasion he asked the critics to ascertain the brand of whisky favoured by Grant, so that he could send kegs of it to the other generals.
- Grand Rapids manufactures carpet sweepers - a large proportion of the whole world's product, - flour and grist mill products, foundry and machine-shop products, planing-mill products, school seats, wood-working tools, fly paper, calcined plaster, barrels, kegs, carriages, wagons, agricultural implements and bricks and tile.Advertisement
- The so-called "Norwegian anchovies" imported into England in little wooden kegs are nothing but sprats pickled in brine with bay-leaves and whole pepper.
- The chlorates are usually sold in wooden kegs containing 'cwt.
- His ballad, The Battle of the Kegs (1778), was long exceedingly popular.
- To alarm the British force at Philadelphia the Americans floated kegs charged with gunpowder down the Delaware river towards that city, and the British, alarmed for the safety of their shipping, fired with cannon and small arms at everything they saw floating in the river.
- Bedford has a large wholesale grocery trade, manufactures flour, dressed lumber, kegs and handles, and is situated in a fine fruitgrowing district, especially known for its apples and plums. The borough owns and operates the water works.Advertisement
- The packaging plant processes bright beer from Robinson's own brewery and many others ready for filling casks, kegs or bottles on site.
- Enough space was cleared of dirt and debris to lay planks on top of empty nail kegs, to seat possibly thirty persons.
- As part of their plan, they stored gunpowder kegs in the cellars of the House of Lords.