Keeping-on sentence example
- During this time, it is the judgment of the most recent Protestant writer on St Dominic that, though keeping on good terms with Simon de Montfort, the leader, and praying for the success of the crusaders' arms during the battle of Muret, "yet, so far as can be seen from the sources, Dominic took no part in the crusade, but endeavoured to carry his spiritual activity on the same lines as before.
- The Highway Act of 1835 specified as offences for which the driver of a carriage on the public highway might be punished by a fine, in addition to any civil action that might be brought against him - riding upon the cart, or upon any horse drawing it, and not having some other person to guide it, unless there be some person driving it; negligence causing damage to person or goods being conveyed on the highway; quitting his cart, or leaving control of the horses, or leaving the cart so as to be an obstruction on the highway; not having the owner's name painted up; refusing to give the same; and not keeping on the left or near side of the road, when meeting any other carriage or horse.
- Spottiswoode had originally become prominent as an ardent supporter of the strict Presbyterian party, but gradually came to see the inconveniences of "parity in the Church," attributed little importance to the existing matters of dispute, and thought that the interests of both church and state were best secured by keeping on good terms with the king.
- He again received the Great Seal into his keeping on the 1st of November.
- But Spinoza's experience of theological sensitiveness led him to doubt the possibility of keeping on friendly terms with the established religion, if he were placed in a public capacity.Advertisement
- With a pair of felt boots on his thin bony legs, and keeping on a worn, nankeen-covered, sheepskin coat, the traveler sat down on the sofa, leaned back his big head with its broad temples and close-cropped hair, and looked at Bezukhov.
- The cards are perfect for keeping on hand for emergencies - in the purse, wallet or in the car.
- It is simply a way for an examiner to check the files you are keeping on your children and to review your curriculum.
- This Swiss Army alarm clock is handy for travel as well as for keeping on a desk.
- Anything that you don't mind keeping on the outside of the Jeep, such as bicycles, skis or surfboards can be hitched to the back of the vehicle using special attachments.Advertisement
- Not only can it attract insects and rodents, it can also kill motivation for keeping on top of the dishes the next day.