Keep-watch sentence example
- Good. You can keep watch while I get some sleep.
- In 1469 Batarnay was sent to keep watch upon the duke of Guienne's intrigues, which began to appear dangerous.
- Chitral is an important state because of its situation at the extremity of the country over which the government of India exerts its influence, and for some years before 1895 it had been the object of the policy of the government of India to control the external affairs of Chitral in a direction friendly to British interests, to secure an effective guardianship over its northern passes, and to keep watch over what goes on beyond these passes.
- It was instituted primarily as a precaution against the ever-present danger of a helot revolt, and secondarily perhaps as a training for young Spartans, who were sent out by the ephors to keep watch on the helots and assassinate any who might appear dangerous.
- They were also required to watch over the souls of the flock and report to the bishop the cases of those who had sinned or were in need of spiritual help. "You deacons," says the Apostolical Constitutions (4th century), "ought to keep watch over all who need watching or are in distress, and let the bishop know."Advertisement
- For this purpose hydraulic mechanism of Bessemer's design was arranged under the control of an attendant, whose duty it was to keep watch on a spirit-level, and counteract by proper manipulation of the apparatus any deviation from the horizontal that might manifest itself on the floor of the saloon owing to the rolling of the vessel.
- Since you can't always be right by your baby's side, especially when he is sleeping, you can use a baby monitor to keep watch over your baby.
- On the main page, you can keep watch on the current price of gold that is constantly updated as it's bought, sold or traded.
- When scrapbooking on a budget, keep watch for ways to turn trash into treasures.
- When a live person isn't available to keep watch over the room, Mobert, a Chat Center bot, is on the lookout for inappropriate language, even in user names.Advertisement
- Family members or individuals appointed by the funeral parlor, are expected to keep watch over the body until the funeral takes place.
- An agent of change, most keep watch just to see what the avant garde singer will do next.
- The links below offer visitors the ability to keep watch at reportedly haunted locations in an effort to see an actual ghost make an appearance.
- But it is still important for them to keep watch over what's being posted.