Keep off sentence example
- The lipad, owing to its heavy nauseous odour, is believed to keep off evil spirits.
- In the deep valleys where the mountains keep off the cool winds, it is excessively hot in summer; while on the summits of the mountains snow lies for many months.
- clipped hedges, manicured lawns or " Keep Off The Grass " signs.
- It certainly is no formal, prissy garden - no clipped hedges, manicured lawns or " Keep Off The Grass " signs.
- It was raining very hard and he had a very large umbrella to keep off the rain-drops.Advertisement
- Four Paws Keep Off is available as a spray and a granular powder.
- While this may seem much more difficult for you than not eating, changing your eating and exercise habits will help you keep off the weight you lose and benefit your health for a lifetime.
- Don't laugh, dogs suffer from thinning hair, and a coat can help break the wind and keep off the snow.
- A few protecting stones can be grouped so as to keep off the digger and other dangerous animals.
- Exercise strengthens a lagging appetite, helps keep off unwanted pounds, improves heart health, improves balance and even keeps the mind sharp.Advertisement
- Also, many people have found that weight lost gradually is easier to keep off in the long run.
- The dining room features three rock fireplaces to keep off the chill during winter months.
- I was basically told to keep off your back but no one mentioned I should run errands for you.
- her epithets aKpia, Kpavaia), represented her with shield uplifted, brandishing her spear to keep off the foe.
- (3) The Scirophoria, with a procession from the Acropolis to the village of Skiron, in the height of summer, the priests who were to entreat her to keep off the summer heat walking under the shade of parasols (aKipov) held over them; others, however, connect the name with crKipos (" gypsum"), perhaps used for smearing the image of the goddess.Advertisement
- At marriage they burn benzoin with nim seeds (Melia Azadirachta, Roxburgh) to keep off evil spirits, and prepare the bride-cakes by putting a quantity of benzoin between layers of wheaten dough, closed all round, and frying them in clarified butter.
- Accordingly, those who control the local organizations usually take pains to keep on the lists all the voters whom they can trust, and are apt to keep off those whom they think likely to show a dangerous independence.