Keeling sentence example
- In 1615 the town was visited by an English expedition under Captain Keeling, who concluded a treaty with the zamorin; but it was not until 1664 that an English trading settlement was established by the East India Company.
- Clunies Ross, the owner of the Keeling Islands, which lie about 750 m.
- Dr Guppy was fortunate in reaching North Keeling Island, where a landing is only possible during the calmest weather.
- Forbes's and Guppy's investigations go to show that, contrary to Darwin's belief, there is no evidence of upheaval or of subsidence in either of the Keeling groups.
- The islands were discovered in 1609 by Captain William Keeling on his voyage from Batavia to the Cape.Advertisement