Keeled sentence example
- But its scales are keeled and its form is more robust.
- He sat down on the edge of the bed, staring at his feet... and then keeled over on the bed.
- Hesperornis too, with its keelless sternum, had aborted wings but strong legs and feet adapted for swimming, while Ichthyornis had a keeled sternum and powerful wings, but diminutive legs and feet.
- It has long, narrow, flat, obscurely keeled leaves, a deciduous spathe, and a globose umbel of whitish flowers, among which are small bulbils.
- The trunk is relatively small, with few slender ribs and a keeled breastbone (sternum).Advertisement
- In the hard wheats the outer glumes are keeled, sharply pointed, awned, and the seed is elongated and of hard glassy texture, somewhat translucent, and difficult to FIG.
- The bodies of the cervical vertebrae are elongated, strongly keeled, and markedly opisthocoelous, or concave behind and convex in front.
- He did find a few more keeled skimmers, two of whom were mating and the female laying eggs.
- Kniphofia Northiae - This is most nearly allied to K. caulescens, but its leaves are much broader, are not keeled, and are serrulate on the margins.
- Division Carinatae.-With keeled sternum.Advertisement
- Their body is cylindrical, flexible in every part, covered with smooth or keeled scales, and provided with broad ventral and subcaudal scutes.