Kathmandu sentence example
- They had two miles of chain-link fence hand made in Kathmandu.
- The most convenient for Everest treks is Lukla, which is serviced by many daily flights from Kathmandu.
- Over the same weekend, protests in the capital, Kathmandu, have turned violent.
- There's the Kathmandu International Study Centre, the Lincoln School, and the British School, Kathmandu.
- A coinage was then issued (it would appear once only) in Tibet for domestic use, modelled on an old Kathmandu pattern and struck by Nepalese artists.Advertisement
- J Y Y explored from Lhasa to the sources of the Brahmaputra and Indus, at the conclusion of the Tibetan mission in 1904, conclusively prove that Mount Everest, which appears from the Tibetan plateau as a single dominating peak, has no rival amongst Himalayan altitudes, whilst the very remarkable investigations made by permission of the Nepal durbar from peaks near Kathmandu in 1903, by Captain Wood, R.E., not only place the Everest group apart from other peaks with which they have been confused by scientists, isolating them in the topographical system of Nepal, but clearly show that there is no one dominating and continuous range indicating a main Himalayan chain which includes both Everest and Kinchinjunga.
- Teaching & Projects Abroad is based in the bustling city of Kathmandu full of jostling crowds, rickety bullock carts and noisy auto-rickshaws.
- There are several orphanages you can be placed in, all within an hour from Kathmandu.