Kata sentence example
- We discard the conception of the universal as a predicate applicable to a plurality, or even to all, of the members of a group. To know merely KaTa 7ravros is not to know, save accidentally.
- Among game birds the bustard, guinea fowl, sand grouse (kata), blue rock, green pigeon, partridge, including a large chikor (akb) and a small species similar to the Punjab sisi; quail and several kinds of duck and snipe are met with.
- Galen, who in his youth was carefully trained in the Stoic philosophy, was an unusually prolific writer on logic. Of the numerous commentaries and original treatises, a catalogue of which is given in his work De propriis libris, one only has come down to us, the treatise on Fallacies in dictione (IIepi TWV KaTa T1jv M Gi' oocio-µarouv).
- A peculiar feature is presented by the level upland basins which furnish abundant pasturage during the summer months; the more remarkable are the Omalo in the White Mountains (about 4000 ft.) drained by subterranean outlets (KaTa(30Opa), Nida (Eis T7)v "IBav) in Psiloriti (between 5000 and 6000 ft.), and the Lassithi plain (about 3000 ft.), a more extensive area, on which are several villages.
- He arrives at it from a classification of categories, by which he here means " things stated in no combination " era KaTa pr)bEpiav avparro,c v XeyoµEva) or what we should call " names," capable of becoming predicates (KaT'gyopovpeva, Karnyopiac).Advertisement
- At eighteen he wrote a series of papers, signed Kata Phusin, i.e.
- They are better than usual for the IfEpi aTeOlcvou, KaTa Tcµo?cpaTous; best for the IIEpi 7rapa7rpEa- (3EEas.
- His views are more fully expounded in the Hepi Tjjs KaTa HXdTWva BEoXoyias (In Platonis theologiam).
- According to Suidas, he was also the author of 'E7rcxeepliyaTa KaTa XpevrtavCev (Animadversiones duodeviginti in christianos).
- I also visited the dojo of Sensei Kase; I much admired his approach to teaching Kata (form ).Advertisement
- Kata based sparring An interview with Iain Abernethy - Geoff Thompson A brief history of Kata The Bubishi - Karate's Most Important Text?
- There is a great deal to be learned from watching him do kendo no kata.
- kendo kata look quite simple!
- Do not perform the kata at a steady pace but vary the tempo as appropriate.
- We need to ensure that we use kata techniques in our sparring practice.Advertisement