Kara-sea sentence example
- On a second voyage, in 1556, Chancellor was drowned; and three subsequent voyages, led by Stephen Burrough, Arthur Pet and Charles Jackman, in small craft of 50 tons and under, carried on an examination of the straits which lead into the Kara sea.
- A most interesting and adventurous episode in connexion with Russian trade was the effort repeated over several successive years by the late Captain Wiggins to convey tea entirely by sea from Chinese ports around the North Cape and through the Kara Sea to the Obi and Yenisei rivers.
- Rusanov in the " Hercules " was last heard of in 1912 in Matochkin Shar on his way to the Kara Sea on a voyage of exploration.
- The existence of these lands helps to account for the usual obstruction of pack-ice in the waters of the Nordenskjold Archipelago and the Kara Sea.
- The vessels got clear of the ice, and proceeded early in Aug., passed through the Kara Sea without encountering ice, and reached Archangel in Sept.Advertisement
- The vessel was beset in the ice in the Kara Sea in lat.
- Sverdrup passed through the Kara Sea searching the coast eastward to Taimir Land where he wintered in lat.