Kar sentence example
- The same root kar leads through something like kar-kar-ta, glakarta (glazard in Breton), to lacerta and to "lizard."
- Trautenau was founded by German colonists invited to settle there by King Otto Kar II.
- This page gives an overview of all articles in the 1911 Brittanica which are alphabetized under K to Kar.
- Skeat takes the ultimate root to be kar, to move, especially in a circular motion, seen in "curve," "circle," &c. The word "worm" is applied to many objects resembling the animals in having a spiral shape or motion, as the spiral thread of a screw, or the spiral pipe through which vapour is passed in distillation.
- Kar, played by Sean William Scott, is a tough streetwise character with no responsibilities.Advertisement
- Kar is an unlikely candidate, a streetwise young man whose only interest is himself.
- Upon graduation, Les started the Kelley Kar Company, along with his younger brother Buster, which included a few used cars for sale and a repair shop.
- For many years, the Kelly Kar Company continued to grow and flourish, as did the demand for its popular Kelley Blue Book.