Kampala sentence example
- On still another hill, Kampala, the British fort and government and European quarters are situated.
- This attitude was welcome to neither faction, and for some days the position of the new arrivals on the little knoll of Kampala was very precarious.
- Lugard appealed to the king to do justice, but he himself was treated with scant courtesy, and his envoy was told that the French party would sack Kampala if Lugard interfered on behalf of the murdered man.
- In spite of strenuous efforts on the part of the British administrator to avert war the French party determined to fight, and finally attacked the British, who had assembled round Kampala.
- They now clamoured for recognition, and Lugard went to meet them, and after a somewhat precarious and very difficult interview he succeeded in bringing back their king Mbogo to Kampala, and in assigning them three minor provinces in Uganda.1 Lugard on his return to Uganda at the end of r891 had received orders to evacuate the country with his whole force, as the company could no longer maintain their position.Advertisement
- Wilson, however, had already disarmed the troops in Kampala, who remained loyal, as also did Mbogo, the ex-king of the Baganda Mahommedans.
- Earlier this year, our team visited Hassan's home in the crowded slums of Kampala.
- Earlier this year, our team visited Hassan 's home in the crowded slums of Kampala.