Kames sentence example
- These, with an account of Aristotle's Logic appended to Lord Kames's Sketches of the History of Man (1774), conclude the list of works published in Reid's lifetime.
- Hamilton's edition of Reid also contains an account of the university of Glasgow and a selection of Reid's letters, chiefly addressed to his Aberdeen friends the Skenes, to Lord Kames, and to Dr James Gregory.
- He knew Kames, Hume and Adam Smith, and corresponded with Mirabeau, " the friend of Man."
- In 1748 he removed to Edinburgh, and there, under the patronage of Lord Kames, gave lectures on rhetoric and belles-lettres.
- In 1752 he was appointed a judge in the court of session under the title of Lord Kames, and in 1763 he was made one of the lords of justiciary.Advertisement
- It is, however, as a writer on philosophy that Lord Kames is best known.
- On 11th December she was laid up at Kames Bay, Isle of Bute pending disposal.
- Ardlamont (it means the promontory of the Lamonts) is south of Kames, near Tighnabruaich.