Kalamata sentence example
- In 1685 Kalamata was captured by the Venetians; in 1770, and again in 1821, it was the revolutionary headquarters in the Morea.
- Kalamata is situated in a very fruitful district, of which it is the emporium.
- At the present day Messenia forms a department with its capital at Kalamata, and a population numbering (according to the census of 1907), 127,991.
- He then settled down to the bar at Kalamata in Messenia, where he married a lady belonging to the Mavromichalis family.
- Meanwhile, in the south, leaders of another stamp had appeared: Petros, bey of the Maina chief of the Mavromichales, who at the head of his clan attacked Kalamata and put the Mussulman inhabitants to the sword; and Kolokotrones, a notable brigand once in the service of the Ionian government, who - fortified by a vision of the Virgin - captured Karytaena and slaughtered its infidel population.- Encouraged by these successes the revolt spread rapidly; within three weeks there was not a Mussulman left in the open country, and the remnants of the once dominant class were closely besieged in the fortified towns by hosts of wild peasants and brigands.Advertisement
- Also from this district are Kalamata olives.
- Then mix the pasta with hunks of feta, Kalamata olives, tomato slices, and fresh basil for a Greek salad or fresh corn kernels, sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, pieces of red onion, and chilled black beans for a Southwestern meal.
- Fresh greens, wedges of tomato, red onion and Kalamata olives form the base of this dish.