Kaftan sentence example
- Kuprili, who had forbidden the Polish enterprise, at once occupied Transylvania, and, in the course of the next five years, no fewer than four princes, three of whom died violent deaths, were forced to accept the kaftan and kalpag of investiture in the camp of the grand vizier.
- Over all is worn a long cloth robe, the gibbeh (or jibbeh) somewhat resembling the kaftan in shape, but having shorter sleeves, and being open in front.
- Kaftan affirms that a "doctrine about Satan can as little be established as about angels, as faith can say nothing about it, and nothing is gained by it for the dogmatic explanation of evil.
- First, I am going to buy a velvet turban and matching kaftan and start smoking cheroots.
- The dress of the lower orders is the shirt and drawers, and waistcoat, with an outer shirt of blue cotton or brown woollen stuff; some wear a kaftan.Advertisement
- Kaftan's Dogmatic should be named, also the Modern Positive Theology of Th.
- Further Ottoman treasures include the childhood notebook of Mehmed ' The Conqueror ' and an embroidered kaftan collar of Selim II.
- Ali Pasha, the defeated naval commander, is shown full length wearing a kaftan of costly woven, figured silks.
- The line also included nightwear, from traditional striped pjamas for boys to embroidered kaftan shirts for girls and fine needlecord dressing gowns.
- Kaftan appreciates the mystical side of religion, Harnack's criticism is very different from Ritschl's arbitrary exegesis.Advertisement
- Balfour's Foundations of Belief, welcomed in Germany by Julius Kaftan (see below).
- Kaftan Sale also offers a twist on the traditional, with sequined embroidery tops and caftans.
- Cover ups can be anything from swim skirts to sarongs, or you could even try a kaftan or sun dress to keep you covered-up but still looking cool.
- Herrmann, Julius Kaftan and Adolf Harnack are the chief names, diverges from his teaching in many directions; e.g.
- Julius Kaftan - Balfour's German editor, and a highly influential theologian, occupying a position of modified Ritschlianism - is also a very thoroughgoing empiricist.Advertisement
- The kaftan is confined by the girdle, which is a silk scarf, or cashmere or other woollen shawl.