Kadis sentence example
- In the cities the Moslems, who had generally secured such terms of surrender, retained their mosques, their kadis, and freedom of trade; in the country, however, they became serfs.
- The lastmentioned place is identified with Ain Kadis, about 50 m.
- Kadesh (`Ain Kadis), however, lies about 50 m.
- The remaining five days in the year, termed Pagmen or Quaggimi (six in leap-year, the extra day being named Kadis Yohannis), are put in at the end and treated as holidays.
- Clay Trumbull prefers the Jebel Madara, a peak north-west of `Ain Kadis.Advertisement