Juvenile court sentence example
- By Wednesday afternoon the matter was settled and the disposition of the case was in the hands of Bobby Witherspoon, the assistant DA, and the juvenile court system.
- Boston was one of the first municipalities of the country to make provision for the separate treatment of juvenile offenders; in 1906 a juvenile court was established.
- A Juvenile Court Law was enacted in 1903 and modified in 1905.
- A Juvenile Court and a Board of Children's Guardians have extensive jurisdiction over dependent and delinquent children, and a general supervision of all charities and corrections is vested in a Board of Charities, consisting of five members appointed by the president of the United States.
- a court of appeals, a supreme court, a municipal court, a police court, a probate court and a juvenile court.Advertisement
- In connexion with the juvenile court detention homes have been established, and in certain conditions justices of the peace are empowered to act as judges of the juvenile court in their respective precincts.
- There are also an adult probation law and a juvenile court law, the latter applying to every county in the state.
- The employment of children under fourteen years of age in any factory, workshop, mercantile establishment, store, business office, telegraph or telephone office, restaurant, hotel, apartment house, club, theatre, bootblack stand, or in the distribution or transmission of merchandise or messages is forbidden, except that a child between twelve and fourteen years of age may with the permission of the judge of the juvenile court be employed at an occupation not dangerous or injurious to his health or morals if necessary for his support or for the assistance of a disabled, ill or invalid parent, a younger brother or sister, or a widowed mother.
- Most habitual truants eventually enter the juvenile court system.