Justinian i sentence example
- The headsman's axe proved more fatal, and the martyr's body was borne by angels to Mount Sinai, where Justinian I.
- Under Justinian I.
- JUSTINIAN I.
- 578), East Roman emperor (565-578), was the nephew and successor of Justinian I.
- (On this council see below.) Thereafter Ephesus seems to have been gradually deserted owing to its malaria; and life transferred itself to another and higher site near the Artemision, the name of which, Ayassoluk (written by early Arab geographers Ayathulukh), is now known to be a corruption of the title of St John TheolOgos, given to a great cathedral built on a rocky hill near the present railway station, in the time of Justinian I.Advertisement
- In the early part of the 6th century the king of the Homerites, on the opposite coast of the Red Sea, having persecuted the Christians, the emperor Justinian I.
- Basil's reign marks the highest point of the power of the Eastern empire since Justinian I.