Jurisdictional sentence example
- Grindal remonstrated, claiming some voice for the Church, and in June 1577 was suspended from his jurisdictional, though not his spiritual, functions for disobedience.
- One of the chief distinguishing features of early as opposed to modern town-life is that each town formed a jurisdictional district distinct from the country around.
- In the 10th century it became the policy of the German emperors to hand over to the bishops full jurisdictional and administrative powers within their cities.
- It was not, however, the fact of their being placed under the bishop that constituted these towns as separate jurisdictional units.
- (or general assembly, or diet) in one of the episcopal cities, and for a week before and after, all jurisdictional and administrative power reverted to him and his immediate officers.Advertisement
- The claims of the imperial government, jurisdictional and other, were acknowledged, only such rights of self-government being admitted as could be shown to be grounded on imperial charters.
- The consuls with the assistance of judices also presided in the law-courts; but besides the consuls of the commune there were consules de placitis specially appointed for jurisdictional purposes.
- At a very early time the lords of manors exercised or claimed certain jurisdictional franchises.
- The burgesses of Bedford and the prior of Dunstable claimed jurisdictional freedom in those two boroughs.
- Specific legislation shall regulate the functioning and powers of the management and discipline organ of the administrative jurisdictional magistracy.Advertisement
- One arises from procedures and jurisdictional boundaries affecting congressional subcommittees and committees and floor action.
- It's all jurisdictional bullshit.
- Tom DeLeo continued doing legwork on the Wassermann case, a curious jurisdictional mess with the Federal boys in charge but legions of local flat feet in scattered municipalities doing their grunt work.
- Tracking him down would be difficult without stepping on the jurisdictional toes of the Norfolk Police Department.