Jurgen sentence example
- was never published); Lubeck unter Jurgen Wullenwever and die europdische Politik (3 vols.; Berlin, 1855-1856); and Grundziige der Politik (Kiel, 1862).
- After a struggle, the Anabaptists obtained control of Mnster and for a short time governed the town in accordance with their own peculiar ideas, while at LUbeck, under the burgomaster Jurgen Wullenweber, a democratic government was also established.
- The aristocratic government was again expelled under the dictatorship of Jurgen Wullenweber (c. 1492-1537), till the old order was re-established in 1535.
- Still Lubeck, even when nearly isolated, strove to preserve its predominance in a war with Denmark (1501-12), supporting Gustavus Vasa in Sweden, lording it over the north of Europe during the years 1534 and 1535 in the person of Jurgen Wullenweber, the democratic burgomaster, who professed the most advanced principles of the Reformation, and engaging with Sweden in a severe naval war (1536-70).
- Waitz, Lubeck unter Jurgen Wullenweber (Berlin, 1855-1856); Klug, Geschichte Lubecks wdhrend der Vereinigung mit dem franzosischen Kaiserreich (Lubeck, 1857); F.Advertisement
- Johansen and Jurgen Stubberud made a journey to Edward VII.
- Other buildings are the church of St Nicholas (restored in 1877-1884), dating from 1240, with a lofty steeple; the old town-hall on the market square; the church of the Holy Ghost; three fine modern churches, those of St James, and St Jurgen and of St Ansgar; and the theatre.
- Several young men in the town had studied at Wittenberg, and the burghers, in their Lutheran zeal, had already expelled their youthful Bishop Jurgen Friis.
- Tausen found a diligent fellow-worker in Jurgen Viberg, better known as Sadolin, whose sister, Dorothea, he married, to the great scandal of the Catholics.
- Jurgen Wullenweber >>Advertisement
- I thought that too and then I saw that Freddie Prinze Jr. was cast as a star and the supporting roles were filled by Saffron Burrows, Matthew Lilliard, and Jurgen Prochnow.