Juleps sentence example
- Invented in the southern United States, Mint Juleps made their grand entrance sometime during the 18th century.
- Mint Juleps were traditionally served in a frozen pewter cup.
- The official cocktail of the Kentucky Derby and Daisy's pick in The Great Gatsby, Mint Juleps are a quintessential summertime drink.
- There are many types of whiskey, but be sure to buy bourbon whiskey to make your Mint Juleps.
- It's not necessary to buy the best bourbon for Juleps since you're combining it with other flavors rather than sipping it alone, but don't choose the cheapest off the bottom shelf, either.Advertisement
- The only type of mint you should use to make Juleps is fresh spearmint.
- Ice comes into play in almost any cocktail recipe, but it is especially important to use the right type of ice when making Mint Juleps; that is, crushed ice.
- Tradition dictates that Mint Juleps be served in a special frozen pewter cup.
- Mint Juleps can be sipped directly from the glass, but true Southern belles sip through a straw.
- While you can use the back of a spoon to gently crush the mint leaves, it's worth it to invest in a muddler, especially if you plan to make juleps often.Advertisement
- Of course, you don't have to reserve these pewter cups just for Mint Juleps.
- Since close to 100,000 Juleps are served at this event, Early Times created a ready-to-serve mix to help keep the beverage flowing.
- Most people think of juleps as drinks served annually at the Kentucky Derby and certainly don't associate them with easy cocktail recipes.
- Juleps are actually a category of drinks, and making them is easier than you may think.
- The Mojito has rapidly become the quintessential drink of the summer, challenging such classics as gin and tonics, margaritas, mint juleps, daiquiris, and the ever-popular martini.Advertisement