Jugal sentence example
- Attached to it or the neighbouring frontal is often a supraorbital; infraorbitals occur also, attached to the jugal or downward process of the lacrymal.
- j, Jugal.
- Y j, Jugal.
- The maxillaries are connected with the distal anterior corner of the quadrate by the thin, splint-like jugal and quadratojugal.
- It shows the characteristic hippopotamus-flange to the lower jaw, but has also a large descending process from the jugal bone of the zygomatic arch of the skull.
- The zygomatic arch is variously developed, and the position of the jugal is a character for grouping the families.
- The post-orbital processes of the frontal and jugal are widely sundered, and the former may even be small (Xerus).
- In the skull the zygomatic arch is slender and the jugal bone small and not extending far forwards, being supported by the long zygomatic process of the maxilla, while the infra-orbital foramen is mostly large, and there are no post-orbital processes.
- In the skull the tympanic bulla is hollow, the pterygoid fossa shallow and the zygomatic arch slender, with a rudimentary jugal bone.Advertisement
- zygomatic arch, the middle portion of which is formed by the more or less straight and horizontal jugal, and the large infra-orbital canal, traversed by a portion of the masseter muscle.
- The upper lip is cleft, the jugal lacks an inferior angle, the fore part of the skull is short and broad; the cheek-teeth are partially rooted, with external and internal enamel-folds, the soles of the feet are smooth, there are six pairs of teats, the clavicles are imperfect and the tail is not prehensile.
- The jugal is without an inferior angle, and extends forwards to the lachrymal; the palate is contracted in front and deeply emarginate behind; the incisors are short, and the molars divided by continuous folds into transverse plates; and the two halves of the lower jaw are welded together in front.
- The lachrymal occupies a considerable space on the flat surface of the cheek in front of the orbit, and below it the jugal does the same.
- mentary first premolar, Ma, Jugal or malar bone.Advertisement