Judicatures sentence example
- Thus we find that after the failure of Musat members of the family of Lacon-Unali filled all the four judicatures of the island (Taramelli, Arch.
- 3 Surely with all the existing activity in the removal of causes of war, in the reduction to precise expression of the rules of law governing the relations of states with one another, in the creation of international judicatures for the application of these rules, in the concluding of treaties specifically framed to facilitate the pacific settlement of difficulties diplomacy may have failed to adjust, in the promotion of democratic civilian armies with everything to lose by war,!and all the other agencies which have been described above, the hope seems warranted that, in no distant future, life among nations will become still more closely assimilated to life among citizens of the same nation, with legislation, administration, reform all tending to the one great object of law, order and peace among men.
- It is governed by a general assembly or " synod " of deputies from the principal judicatures, sitting once a year.
- The principal or presiding judge in most of the state judicatures also takes the title of chief justice.
- The juxtaposition of the judicatures may, however, have led to some confusion between them.Advertisement